Saturday, November 4, 2023

...a new beginning?


yes, that's what this new blog is supposed to be. a strange kind of new beginning. my life hasn't changed in the last months, i'm still a forest bathing therapist, a rewilding coach and a part-time busker, exactly as i was at the beginning of this year. and this new blog has exactly the same purpose of the old one, showing that a simple, frugal and respectful lifestyle makes life easier and more enjoyable.
the main difference is that i have decided to get rid of a part of my identity... i dismissed the old moniker that i used as a stage name when i was a full time musician. when i left the music industry it remained stuck with me. i thought that dismissing it would be like dividing my present life from what i did in the past, and that maintaining my identity i could be the living proof that a junkie can change, embrace healthy habits and do well in sports too. i've even signed my books with that name. But now i feel i have to move on. in the last months i realised that continuing to use it was like walking with an extra-heavy backpack on my shoulders... a backpack that smelled of illegal parties in abandoned buildings, pumping bassdrums, too many chemicals and some vomit. exactly the path i walked for years.
so here i am, the same old me but with a new blog and a new alias, which not only sounds much cooler but fits way better with my current views too. the term soweli comes from toki pona, the primitive and minimalistic language with a vocabulary of less than 140 words, but is mutuated from the kartvelian idiom and indicates any type of large-sized terrestrial animal, while kwek is a transileration of my first name in the same language.
and so, mr. guignoldangereux, we made it through so many things together, and sometimes it has been a lot of fun. but now it's time to move on.

if you like this blog, you can support it by donating or by buying my books.